“Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. “ Matthew 25:40
Our Pastoral Care ministry assists the pastor in meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of the parishioners of St. Mary’s, Crescent. Each member of the Pastoral Care team, whether staff or volunteer, is committed to serving with the love and integrity that was demonstrated by the life and ministry of Jesus.
Pastoral Care ministry seeks to share the healing presence of Jesus in our local community by:
- Visits to the homebound
- Visits to local hospitals where parishioners are patients – Hospital follow-up
- Regular visits to parishioners in nursing homes & adult residences
- Bringing the Eucharist to the homebound, the sick, etc., when requested
- Being present to those in hospice care
- Sending birthday cards to the elderly, get well cards to the ill, condolence cards to the grieving
- Providing holiday/seasonal remembrances for the homebound
- Knitting and crocheting group provides prayer shawls/lap robes (and prayer) for the seriously ill
- Assisting in funeral liturgy planning and follow-up
- Being present to the family at funeral liturgies for parishioners
- Serving as a resource for grieving families who seek bereavement counseling
- Assisting with annual Anointing of the Sick Mass
- Alzheimer’s Care Team provides support for people who have dementia and for their caregivers
- Coordinating prayer ministry in which groups of parishioners personally pray for those individuals who have requested prayers by either email or phone to the parish office
In fulfilling the mission “to bring alive the message of Christ,” it’s important that a connection with the church be kept alive. The primary way is by gathering as a community at Mass on the weekends. When it is not possible for you to do this due to illness, age, hospitalization, placement in a facility, or some other reason, we want to keep in touch with you. An email or phone call from you, a family member, friend, or neighbor can make us aware of your needs (receiving the Eucharist, a friendly visit, having difficulty recuperating, etc.).
If you are interested in participating in Pastoral Care in any way, or are in need of our services or know someone who is, please contact Jeanne Gracon, our Pastoral Care Associate, at 371-9632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.