Have you ever considered joining a ministry? We have so many options for you here at St. Mary’s, Crescent!!
- Lector (proclaim the scripture readings during Mass)
- Cantor (sing the Psalm at Mass)
- Eucharistic Minister (serve the people of the Parish during Communion)
- Hospitality (greet people, organize collection pickup, clean up after Mass)
- Altar Server (boys or girls who assist Father during Mass)
- Music Ministry (along with cantor, lead the congregation in song)
- Cleaning the church (every Thursday morning a dedicated group of individuals cleans the church, join them)
- Catechists (teach Faith Formation or be an aide in a classroom)
- Pastoral Care Ministry (visit the sick and/or homebound in the parish)
- Building Bridges (help raise money for and communicate with our Sister Parish in Guatemala)
- Social Committee (help to plan and assist with socials throughout the year)
There are so many others, too many to list. If you’re interested in getting involved, please reach out to Stephanie in the office and she will talk to you about your interests and get you in contact with the right person. She can be reached at 371-9632 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All present – At Mass Ministers – Readers, Eucharistic Ministers, Hospitality Ministers, and Music Ministers – if you did not make it to last Monday’s session, please be sure to attend:
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 6:30 pm
We will be taking time as Ministers of the Lord to update and renew ourselves as Ministers in our Parish Church during this 90 minute session. (Also any one who might be interested in being part of these ministries is asked to attend) For more info, etc… please speak with Stephanie our Parish Secretary at 371-9632 or email her at email@example.com.
+++ How about becoming a member +++
Often we discuss, even complain, that there is a shortage of Priests, or Deacons, or Religious or even Lay Ministers.
To move from talk to action in the Vocation Arena, Bishop Scharfenberger has asked that every Parish of the Albany Diocese have a VOCATION COMMITTEE or VOCATION TEAM.
Bishop Scharfenberger has shared that “if the only thing the committee did was pray for Vocations, once a week or once month, that this would be a great start.” Of course the Vocation Committee/Team could do more, but the first thing our St. Mary’s Parish needs to do is form a Vocation Committee.
If interested in becoming a member of the Vocation Committee, please speak with Father Cebula in the coming week or so.
Thanks! Let us all pray for Vocations!
We want to thank everyone who is involved in any ministries at St. Mary’s Church, Crescent! It is because of the people of the Parish that we are the community we are today.
If you are not currently involved and are looking for a way to get involved in a ministry, give Stephanie a call in the office to discuss where your strengths might best fit!
CALLING ALL TODDLERS and THEIR PARENTS/LOVING ADULTS
Sunday, March 15, at 9:15 am – Parish Center
Would you like to help your children (ages 2, 3, or 4) unveil some of the mysteries about church and God? If so, please join us at 9:15 am on Sunday, March 15th in the Parish Center. We will explore the church, participate in a quick activity, and enjoy a light refreshment. Contact Rachel in the Faith Formation Office for more information or to RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.